Thank you to Bloomsbury for providing me an ARC via NetGalley. This does not affect my review in any way.
Writing this review is very hard because this is a very good book but the ending just felt a little weird to me. Let’s get first to the parts I liked most:
- This is a book told in the way of letters which is very cool! I love letters!
- Told by two dudes with very different personality. I didn’t even have to scroll back a few pages just to see who is talking, just by the way the two main characters tell stuffs you can already know who is talking in the letter.
- Epic plot. I first found out about this book on Bee’s blog and the plot just captured me. Basically, Ollie has an “allergy” with electricity. He can’t be near it so he has to live with his mom in a cabin in the woods. Moritz has a pacemaker so he and Ollie can’t ever meet.
- Total friendship goals. I love the friendship between Ollie and Moritz. They brought out the best in each other and in a way, it reminded me of some of my online friends. If you’re looking for a great friendship book, this is it.
- It’s half-set in Germany!
- Beautiful writing. I’m looking forward to read more of the author’s next books.
- I’m also absolutely in love with the cover! I love book covers with pictures of skies on them!
…the ending was kinda weird. It just didn’t feel like the right ending for this kind of book. However, it’s actually cool that there’s a bit of sci-fi thrown in it too.
This is a really good book but I had trouble reading it because there are some boring parts. The side character, Liz also annoyed me so damn much. Liz is such a little bitch. (I had trouble typing this because one of my online friends is named Liz.)
I recommend this book to any contemporary lovers and maybe even to some sci-fi books fans. I can’t wait to hear what all of you think about this book.
Are there any books you’ve read with some weird endings?