Hello guys and welcome to my now self-hosted blog! I announced on my WordPress blog a couple of weeks ago that I will be taking a break from posting because of I’m moving my blog to self-hosted WP. Well here it is now!
First, let me thank Dre from Sporadic Reads for hosting me! She’s super awesome for accepting me to the reads-it family! Moving to self-hosted WP is one of my blogger dreams so Dre thank you so, so much! Also, let me thank Inah from The Bibliophile Confessions for answering my never-ending questions about the move. 😀
As you can see, in terms of design my blog is still pretty bare. I don’t have the time right now to spend designing it so this minimalistic look will just have to do right now. I’m using the Dreamer theme from Hipster theme that I got for free at Creative Market. I love how simple and pretty it is!
I actually think that the version of my blog should be 4.0 because I’ve moved from Blogger to WordPress before and have also made other massive changes to it but moving to self-hosted WP is the massivest (yes, I totally made that word up) ever so this post shall be named The Bookish Angel 2.0.
I really want to work hard for this blog so moving to self-hosted WP, I think will really help me in the long run. Here are some of the changes that might happen at The Bookish Angel:
- Personal posts – So I really want to share more of my life with you guys but this actually scares me too because hey, it’s personal. I’m going to find tips on how to share personal posts on blogs.
- More recommendations! – My last book recommendation was a month ago. I have so many books to share with you guys I just don’t have the time to write a proper post for it. Or sometimes I’m too lazy for it. Yep. But I’ll make more recommendations, hopefully not just book recommendations, like other fun stuffs too.
- Accept guest reviewers – I don’t know if this will ever happen but now that I’m in my 3rd year of college life has been so busy for me that I only read a little. I will have to think about this.
- Mailchimp subscription – I want more control of my blog subscriptions so I will now be using Mailchimp to send the latest posts on my blog. I thought of just transferring my subscribers/followers from my old blog to my new one and using Jetpack for subscriptions because it’s easier to do but I really want to be in control of how my email looks like and to keep track of the people who are following me. So if you are following me before and if you still want to receive my posts, please subscribe here or look for the subscription form on my sidebar.
- Author interviews – I will now put my brave face on and email authors that I have read books from and liked/loved those books.I will have my first author interview in a few weeks so stay tuned for that!
- Facebook page! – My blog now has a Facebook page! Click here to see it!
I think those are the major changes I will be making here. By the way, I’m having fun with all the plugins I’m using! My favorite would be the WP Book Blogger plugin! It’s similar to the Ultimate Book Blogger plugin but not as feature rich but I’m not complaining because it’s FREE and it still awesome! My reviews are now automatically added to my review archive.
Moving to self-hosted WP was both frustrating and fun! Frustrating because sometimes things don’t work the way I want them to be and fun because I now get full control of my blog.
If you like the old The Bookish Angel I hope you’ll this new version too!